This is a 2000 year model FWD Audi TT MK1 that spent several years racing in SCCA STU class.
Over the past two years it has received a complete refresh of many major systems and components, including a one-of-a-kind 100% custom vinyl wrap to achieve the Lightning McQueen livery.
The following work was completed within the past two years, during which time the car saw less than 3 hours of total track time:
- Custom Lightning McQueen wrap – all graphics 100% custom ($5,495)
- Installation of 6-point professional cage ($6,800)
- Removal of OEM gas tank and installation of new ATL custom aluminum Super Cell 100 24-gallon fuel cell w bladder and internal ATL CF104 high pressure fuel pump with custom 3-door surge tank. $3,040
- Removal of OEM fuel lines and installation of new 910 PTFE Lined Aramid lightweight braided racing fuel hoses
- Relocated battery to rear passenger compartment and installed new heavy-duty cables from front to rear w Taylor aluminum battery box
- Installed new FAST Racer Series Cool Suit System 13 quart ($400)
- New Brembo 328mm x 28mm front big brake kit 1A3.6007.A1K including 2 Piece slotted rotors ($3,095)
- New Brembo 256mm x 22mm rear rotors
- New PAGID yellow race pads front. New spare Brembo race pads front. Hew Hawk HP plus rear pads. New Brembo spare rear race pads. ($850)
- New Sparco ERGO GRP Light 8855 Driver’s Racing Seat ($995) and new removeable Sparco Sprint Passenger’s Racing Seat ($425)
- New lightweight fiberglass hood ($1,100)
- New Turbo GTX2871R Eliminator Kit w/ Hardware ($2,259)
- Professional rebuild of original K04 hybrid turbo (fresh in box)
- New power steering sector ($1575)
- New Mishimoto Racing Radiator
- New SPAL dual cooling fans with new shroud ($500)
- New PS lower lines OEM ($585)
- New coolant hoses and connectors including aluminum joint & connector upgrades ($325)
- New spare set of Enkei 17X8 RACING RPF1 BRIGHT SIL WHEELS ($1,008)
- New OEM front nose and bumper assembly ($1800)
- New solid aluminum custom front splitter installed ($400)
- New (extra) carbon fiber front splitter in box ($450)
- New rear wing brackets ($375)
- New wide-view rearview racing mirror
- New Sparco driver side adjustable seat sliders and lightweight aluminum seat brackets for drivers side and new bolt-in fixed seat bracket for passenger seat ($375)
- New throttle pedal with TPS ($225)
- New RAXLE racing axles ($1000)
- New front wheel bearings ($220)
- New OEM front windshield ($375)
- New 1000 Super Stock Race Muffler ($140)
Current tires are Hankook RS4 with about 200 track miles. Prior to the above VERY recent work the car already had numerous upgrades.
These upgrades remain in excellent condition and are as follows:
- Newly installed 1.8T Eurospec Performance Short Block
- 9.2:1 JE Pistons in stock factory bore size of 81.00mm
- 86.4mm Billet crankshaft
- 144mm / 20mm pin Eurospec H beam connecting rods and a main gridle kit installed.
It includes a VW German oil pump, Eurospec 268/260 cams, Supertech exhaust valves, Supertech Valve springs and retainers, Neuspeed lightweight pulleys, match ported and polished head. It currently has the 2871 Turbo installed but I also have the rebuilt K04 in box as noted above. It has the Audi TT 225 intake system, Manual boost control, Unitronic 550cc wideband tune, Relentless V3 exhaust manifold, Relentless 3″ downpipe, 3″ custom exhaust, Mishimoto Oil cooler, Forge Motorsport Intercooler, ACT performance clutch, new Eurospec Lightweight flywheel, 5-speed DZF transmission with Peloquin limited slip differential, Neuspeed Short Shifter, and B&M short shifter.
The suspension includes Clubsport dampers, H&R linear springs, 629 front, 571 rear, BFI adjustable rear sway bar, no front sway bar, Ground control camber/caster adjustable top mounts, Polyurethane bushings, Audi TT ALMS rear rotors and calipers, stainless steel braided brake lines, and Neuspeed RS 17 x 8 racing wheels in color white. It has a Sabelt SW-635 Racing Steering Wheel w Quick release, and includes Boost, Water temp, Oil temp, Oil pressure gauges. It includes an APR carbon adjustable rear wing.
The car weight is 2650 lbs dry. It handles extremely well and is very responsive. It has always received “Gibbs” full synthetic racing oil and regular maintenance.
It has never been abused and has never been damaged. Many of the upgrades were completed by our local Porsche/Audi racing shop, and it was recently in the shop for maintenance and a check of compression. Readings were 180-190 PSI across all cylinders. I also completed leak down testing and all cylinders were 8-10%…these compression and leak down numbers are consistent with those posted when the engine was new.
There are numerous additional new parts that will go with the car. They include but are not limited to the following: Ignition, coils, plugs, brake master, clutch master, clutch slave, springs, accelerator pedal, brake pads, full engine gasket set, wheel bearings, belt, pulley, speed/reference sensors, ignition coil, and ecu tuning cable.
The wrap is in excellent condition with only a few very, very minor chips. I have tried to capture all of them in the photos. In areas of extreme curvature like the mirrors, there is some wrinkling of the wrap. It has been this way since new and can be seen in the photos.
Location: Whitman, Massachusetts, United States
Price: $21,500 <- check here if it's still available
More info: Full listing and Contact details
Originally listed on March 11, 2021. Note that older listings are displayed for reference and will most probably not be available.