I am pleased to offer this purpose built 1960 Porsche 356B race car. This car began life as a 1960 sunroof coupe with VIN # 110454. Still retaining much of it’s original panels, including the hood, the body is in great shape. Of course there is body filler from many years of racing, but it’s always a show stopper at every event that the owner has participated in since owning the car.
It was built to run in PCA club events, HSR racing and general driver education events. The chassis was prepared for racing beginning in 1999. Race prep included full welded roll cage, lower rocker supports to stiffen chassis and sunroof panel welded. Suspension was setup to give maximum traction. Front heavy duty custom built spindles were installed. Adjustable front and rear sway bars were also installed. Rear trac-bar and mounts were installed on car. The previous owner liked the traction without the bar, so the owner chose to leave it off to race as well. Light-weight lexan front and rear windows were installed. Rear window drilled to provide better interior air flow. The transmission runs the desired “BEBA” gear setup with ZF limited-slip differential.
UPDATE: I have been in touch with the person who built this car so there is a wealth of information about the build of this car. Any questions that you might have can be answered.
Engine was built to perform with:
– 1.6L with Scat crank
– Carillo rods
– JE pistons
– Elgin 7805 cam
– 180mm lightened flywheel
– Comp heads
– Undersized crank pulley
– Solid shaft Solex (w/ Skirmats recommended mods)
– Electronic ignition (BMW)
– Dyno sheet show 123hp at the rear wheel!
– Deep sump oil pan and heavy-duty skid plate
– Oil filtration and cooling are handled by dual front mounted oil coolers
– Oberg oil strainer with remote mount oil filter
– Dual brake master cylinders and hydraulic clutch actuation
– Fire suppression system and main battery disconnect
– Engine oil is Joe Gibbs.
– New, 2015, OMP racing harness.
– 6” Fuchs with 195’s on the front and 205’s on the rear.
The engine runs so cool that the owner had to tape the coolers in the morning sessions to get the oil to the temp needed to provide the best engine performance.
A great addition to any Porsche collection or if you need a cool vintage car for track days etc.
Atlanta area, GA., United States