Recently refreshed 2003 BMW E46 M3 race car for sale.
This car was built to compete in NASA’s GTS-3 class but it can also easily fit in the SCCA’s Super Production or GT2 class. The chassis was seam welded to make this car as stiff as a factory motorsport tub by the NC based race team I-Moto. It is gusseted and reinforced in all crucial points. All body panels (including the roof) have been replaced, except for the quarter panels, with lightweight carbon fiber racing body work. The doors are a composite carbon fiberglass. The front windshield, rear windshield, and rear side windows are all lexan. The splitter, canards, and rear wing are carbon fiber.
A log book can be issued by NASA and the SCCA for this car.
This is a partial list of what went into the build:
- Engine refreshed with new rod bearings, head gasket, and valve springs done by Henry Lawrence at The Power Plant.
- ZF 5 speed manual transmission.
- Clutch Masters strapless dual clutch and flywheel.
- Custom driveshaft.
- IRP shifter.
- BimmerWorld carbon fiber splitter/undertray kit.
- Carbon fiber canards.
- World Challenge carbon fiber wing.
- Jim Blanton built differential with 4:10 gearing.
- Powerflex differential mount set.
- Bosch Motorsport ECU (~$5,000 part) which has been recently tuned to the car by Diebold Autosport and dynoed at TFB Performance. The car currently sits at 300.59 max horsepower (please refer to dyno results photo for more specifics).
- BimmerWorld/CSF racing lightweight aluminum performance radiator.
- BimmerWorld/CSF racing lightweight oil cooler.
- Active Autowerks headers with custom 3.5″ exhaust.
- Turner Motorsport custom carbon fiber air box.
- Motion Control suspension, double adjustable shocks, Ground Control front toe kit, Turner Motorsports camber plates, Ground Control rear camber arms, rear adjustable control arms, sway bars, bushings, etc.
- Brembo big brake kit.
- Aim Pista MLX dash, Ai Smarty Cam, and integrated warning sensors.
- ATE 22 gallon fuel cell.
- Sparco seats.
- Schroth racing harnesses and nets.
- OMP removable steering wheel.
- Apex wheels 18×10. Rear wheels are also silver (matching with front wheels) NOT gunmetal grey as pictured.
- Custom widebody kit.
Location: San Leandro, California, United States
Price: Auction <- check here if it's still available
More info: Full listing and Contact details
Originally listed on August 15, 2020. Note that older listings are displayed for reference and will most probably not be available.