1974 BMW 2002 TII race car.
Moon roof delete Race Car
A fuel injection car with side drifts carb.
As far as I can find history back on the car it lived in San Diego, 1990 it was raced ITA with SCCA.
1999 was sold to the owner of Apex Engineering. The car was bought back by the original owner 2004. Ran races with VARA B Sedan.
Sold to my friend in 2009 where it ran with VSCDA.
VSCDA logbook dates back to 2010
Would also make a great SVRA group 8 race car
Car has always been very fast, very well put together.
I purchased the car in September of 2020 and completely went through the car.
· Installed a rear differential carrier with the adjustments for camber and tow in/out.
· Updated with new sway bars and springs.
· Painted the interior, made a new dash with all new wiring and fused switch panel.
· New door panels front and rear.
· Installed a new windshield, new stock accelerator pedal and foot rest.
· Transmission mount and rear sub mounts from Ireland engineering.
· Eight New Classic 8 VDO Wheels.
· Eight new Hoosiers tires.
· Additional four new Hoosier rain tires on rims.
· Custom made lexan side windows.
· New 17” Kirkey containment seat,
· New Fire Bottle system, gauges, seat belts.
· New fuel pump with braided steel fuel lines.
· New Aardvark rear limited slip differential with a 390 gear ratio.
· New fiberglass hood (not installed)
In 2001 Engine was rebuilt 10.5 to 1 J&E pistons, Pauter Rods, Shrick 304 cam, Knifed Crank, engine parts lightened and balanced.
New oil cooler
MSD ignition box
New Ireland Engineering Race Step Header Ceramic Coating
2006 engine was freshened up by Bill Holmes
AFCO double pass aluminum radiator
I enjoy working and restoring BMW 2002 vintage race cars and have rebuilt several
over the past 11 years to race with SVRA.
As long as the car is still for sale, you are welcome to come and see it.
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar 1974 BMW 2002 (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: fabperson
Location: Anna, Ohio, United States